Catch up with all FIP previous webinars and digital events.
Delivering person-centred support for self-care: current and future pharmacy practice
This event will showcase current self-care delivery in community pharmacy across the globe and explore how future delivery could look. People centred care is at the heart of self-care and so this is an important area to explore including the associated communication skills. Strategies to build trust and rapport is vital to self-care will also be discussed. This topic is important because pharmacy teams are increasingly supporting patients with self-care.
Explain current and future practice with delivering people centred self-care.
1. Summarise current practice of self-care delivery;
2. Propose future practice of self-care delivery;
3. Define people centred care;
4. List the communication skills required for people-centred care;
5. Discuss how to build trust and rapport to deliver self-care.
Sari Westermarck, Proprietary Pharmacist (Finland)
Alistair Bursey, New Brunswick College of Pharmacists, Canada.
David Skinner, President, International Self-care Foundation
Parisa Aslani, Professor of Medicines Use Optimisation, University of Sydney, Australia.
Betty Chaar, Associate Professor, University of Sydney, Australia