FIP offers a number of individual digital events on various topic within pharmacy practice, science and education.
Host Madsen Medal winner 2021 - Multifunctional Envelope-type Nano Device from Controlled Intracellular Trafficking to Clinical Application for Nanomedicines
The Høst-Madsen Medal is the highest pharmaceutical science award of FIP and it is awarded every second years. The award is named after Danish pharmaceutical scientist and former FIP president Dr Erik Høst-Madsen and is made possible with the support of the Association of Danish Pharmacies (Danmarks Apotekerforening). This year we will present the award, during a digital event, to Prof. Hideyoshi Harashima, of Hokkaido University, Japan.
The event will start with short presentations on the nanomedicine/drug delivery theme from three young researchers from different countries, after which Prof. Harashima will provide some commentary. The event will continue with the president of FIP presenting the medal and certificate to Prof. Harashima, after which Prof. Harashima will give a lecture on “Multifunctional envelope-type nano devices: From controlled intracellular trafficking to clinical application for nanomedicines”.
Participants in the event will have the opportunity to send their messages and congratulations to Prof. Harashima via the Q&A box or chatbox in Zoom.
- Ross McKinnon, Chair of Board of Pharmaceutical Sciences, FIP - Australia
- Dominique Jordan, President FIP - The Netherlands
- Hideyoshi Harashima, Professor of Pharmaceutics and chair of Laboratory of Molecular Design of Pharmaceutics, Hokkaido University - Japan
- Dr Schultz, Research Associate, University of South Australia - Australia
- Dr Yamada, Associate Professor, Hakkaido University - Japan