Catch up with all FIP previous webinars and digital events.
Transforming pharmacy practice for improved care and management of chronic respiratory diseases
Asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease are common chronic respiratory diseases (CRD) that affect millions of people worldwide. Pharmacists have a role to play in the prevention, care and management of CRD. FIP will be publishing a new handbook to support pharmacists and their organisations in providing a range of CRD-related services. This will be accompanied by a reference guide which identifies the knowledge and skills that pharmacists require for the provision of such services. Both publications will be launched at this event, and they are part of the FIP Practice Transformation Programme on Non-Communicable Diseases.
Attendees will learn about:
1. The role of pharmacists in the prevention, screening, care and management of chronic respiratory diseases and their complications;
2. Challenges and opportunities for pharmacists in addressing chronic respiratory diseases-related services;
3. The knowledge and skills pharmacists need for the delivery of chronic respiratory diseases services.
- Gonçalo Sousa Pinto, FIP Lead for Practice Development and Transformation, Portugal
- Ema Paulino, President Portuguese National Pharmacy Association, Portugal
- Siân Williams, Chief Executive Officer International Primary Care Respiratory Group (IPCRG), Scotland
- Inês Nunes da Cunha, FIP Practice Development and Transformation Projects Manager, Portugal
- Dalia Bajis, FIP Lead for provision and partnerships, Australia
- Richard Sammy, Pharmacist Changu Pharmacy Ltd, Kenya