Catch up with all FIP previous webinars and digital events.
Pharmacy school management for the shifts towards remote learning and virtual pharmacy education
Over the past 2 decades, virtual education evolved as a new pedagogy within education. Following the experience from the unexpected drastic shift to remote learning and virtual education as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, educators are faced with dilemmas of how to strike a balance between face-to-face modalities and the virtual platform. Remote learning and virtual education provide opportunities and leadership to develop hybrid models of teaching is now being considered. The webinar will seek to expose experiences and share examples of such opportunities and how to lead faculty towards incorporating the virtual education while ensuring quality education.
The participants who join the webinar will;
• Address assessment of quality of virtual education at the schools of pharmacy
• Reflect on the extent of remote learning after COVID-19 in pharmacy education
• Discuss approaches towards the development of hybrid education in pharmacy schools
-Pierre Moreau, FIP AIM Chair, Dean Kuwait University, Kuwait
-Lilian Azzopardi, FIP AIM Advisory Committee Member, Dean Department of Pharmacy, University of Malta, Malta
-Hanan Refaat, FIP AIM Advisory Committee member, Dean Future University in Egypt, Egypt
-Seif El Hadidi, FIP AIM member, Lecturer in Clinical Pharmacy, Future University in Egypt, Egypt
-Brian Hemstreet, FIP AIM working group member, Associate Dean for Student Affairs and Professor University of Colorado Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, USA
- Jennifer Pham, Clinical Associate Professor, Clinical Pharmacist – Neonatal / Pediatrics, University of Illinois at Chicago College of Pharmacy, USA
- Alan Lau, Professor and Director, International Clinical Pharmacy Education University of Illinois at Chicago College of Pharmacy, USA
-Ozge Ozer, Educational Partnership Manager, Turkey