Catch up with all FIP previous webinars and digital events.
The role of community pharmacies in COVID-19 booster vaccination: Opportunities and supply chain challenges in a post-pandemic scenario
Around the world, community pharmacies play an increasingly consolidated role in vaccination. During the pandemic, pharmacies’ accessibility made them a convenient place for vaccination against COVID-19 in several countries, increasing vaccination coverage and helping achieve herd immunity. As the world slowly begins to emerge from the pandemic, this event will discuss the role of community pharmacies in COVID-19 booster vaccination, and their challenges in vaccine supply logistics and cold storage solutions, particularly in a post-pandemic scenario. Key interventions by community pharmacists in vaccine supply logistics linked to COVID-19 from different parts of the world will be presented.
1. Understand the supply chain and distribution process of COVID-19 vaccines from manufacturer to hospitals, community pharmacies, and the public;
2. Explore the role of community pharmacies in vaccine supply logistics for COVID-19;
3. Discuss the challenges of COVID-19 booster vaccination supply logistics and cold storage solutions in community pharmacies, particularly in a post-pandemic scenario;
4. Explore supply models that involve community pharmacies contributing to population vaccination coverage in a post-pandemic scenario.
- Catherine Duggan, Chief Executive Officer FIP, the Netherlands
- Vibhu Paudyal, Associate Professor in Clinical Pharmacy University of Birmingham, UK
- Ronald T. Piervincenzi, Ph.D., Chief Executive Officer USP, USA
- Loganathan Fahrni, Senior lecturer and pharmacist Universiti Teknologi MARA, Malaysia