Catch up with all FIP previous webinars and digital events.
Innovation in cancer prevention, screening and management in community and hospital pharmacy
At this event on World Cancer Day, we will explore innovations in pharmacy practice in the community and hospital pharmacy settings, in terms of supporting cancer patients throughout their journey. A panel of experts will present and discuss examples of innovative professional services in cancer prevention and screening, access to cancer treatments, adherence and continuity across transitions of care, among others.
The goal is to raise awareness of the important role that pharmacists can play in all areas of practice in terms of cancer prevention and management, in collaboration with other healthcare professionals.
- Identify and discuss the roles that community and hospital pharmacists can play in cancer prevention and management.
- Present examples of best practices of cancer-related professional services by pharmacists from around the world.
- Discuss the importance of supporting patients in a multi- and inter-professional approach
- Explore issues on the transitions of care, adherence to treatments and prevention and screening in cancer care
• Josep M. Guiu Segura, Director of Pharmacy and Medicines, Consortium of Health and Social Care of Catalonia, Spain
• Daragh Connolly, President, FIP Community Pharmacy Section, Ireland
• Marko Skelin M.Pharm PhD. Board member of the European Society of Oncology Pharmacy; Assistant Professor, Faculty of Medicine, University of Rijeka, Croatia
• Robert Duncombe, Chief Pharmacist, Director of Pharmacy, The Christie NHS Foundation Trust, Manchester, UK
• Jan de Belie, Professional Affairs Advisor, Pharmaceutical Group of the European Union, Belgium
• Kofi Boamah Mensah, Oncology Pharmacist at Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital (KATH) and adjunct lecturer at the Department of Pharmacy Practice, School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Science, Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST), Ghana