Catch up with all FIP previous webinars and digital events.
Technology Forum Webinar on Virtual Reality
FIP Technology Forum brings you the webinar about Virtual reality (VR). VR has been widely studied and applied in numerous medical applications. In pharmacy, VR can potentially be applied in wide range of activities, from drug design and discovery, though pharmacist education, to in-patient counseling and behavior modification. In this webinar we bring you the examples of VR technology applications in pharmacy. In our webinar, we will showcase and immersive virtual reality in a virtual environment with experience from Finland with our speaker Mia Siven from Helsinki University, where the VR was successfully applied in pharmacy education. We will then present a showcase of immersive virtual reality in a real environment, with speakers Agnes Bobay Madic and Paul Besnier with their example from France. VR technology has become increasingly affordable, flexible, and portable, enabling its use for therapeutic purposes in both inpatient and outpatient environments. But despite the compelling features of VR, a number of challenges exist, such as validation of clinical efficacy, cost/accessibility and usability issues, technical capabilities, acceptance, among others. You will have the opportunity to ask questions in the panel discussion part of the webinar.
- Jacqueline Surugue, FIP Vice President, Hospital Pharmacist, France
- Eeva Teräsalmi, Community Pharmacist, Owner Seven Brothers Pharmacy, Helsinki, Finland
- Mia Siven, FIP Technology Forum Chair Vice-Dean, University of Helsinki, Finland
- Agnès Bobay-Madic. Pharmacist Centre Hospitalier Robert Bisson, Lisieux, France
- Paul Besnier, Pharmacy Intern, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Caen Normandie, France