Catch up with all FIP previous webinars and digital events.
Trusted for health: Pharmacy and Counterfeit Medicines worldwide- problems and solutions
Counterfeit, substandard and falsified medications and medical products endanger public health and FIP believes that pharmacists and pharmaceutical scientists should contribute to patient safety by actively participating in the fight against counterfeit, substandard, and falsified medicines.
Adapting and expanding on the theme of World Pharmacy Week (Pharmacy: Always trusted for your health), we would like to invite you to attend this webinar and learn more about the role of pharmacists in the emerging threat of counterfeit, falsified, and substandard medicines. The event has been sponsored by an unrestricted educational grant by Pfizer.
The expected outcomes of the event are:
1- to discuss the role of pharmacists in combating counterfeit, falsified, and substandard medicines.
2- to highlight various regional and global strengths, accomplishments, and success stories in the fight against counterfeit medications.
3- to identify emerging regional and global threats and challenges related to counterfeit medication.
- Lars-Åke Söderlund, President Swedish pharmaceutical society - Sweden
- Catherine Duggan, CEO FIP, The Netherlands
- John Hertig, Vice-Chair and an Associate Professor of Pharmacy Practice, USA
- Manjiri Gharat, Vice-President, Indian Pharmaceutical Association, India
- Stephanie Kohl, Policy & Advocacy Officer, Belgium
- Sally Galal, Associate Professor, Alexandria University, Egypt
- Dieudonne NZEYIMANA, Pharmacist and Sales Manager, Rwanda
- Renae Beardmore, Acting National President, Australia
- John Jackson, President, Western Pacific Pharmaceutical Forum, Australia
- Pierre Souverain, Pfizer
- Caitriona Scott, Pfizer
- Gudrun Hubinger, Pfizer
- Zuzana Kusynová, Lead for Policy, Practice and Compliance, FIP, The Netherlands