Catch up with all FIP previous webinars and digital events.
The role of pharmacists in the prevention and management of vector-borne diseases: a perspective from the Eastern Mediterranean region
Pharmacists are uniquely positioned to help communities and patients protect themselves from vector-borne diseases (VBDs). This webinar will describe the most prevalent VBDs in the Eastern Mediterranean region, and identify the most relevant roles that pharmacists can play in their prevention (including vector-control strategies and other measures), management and optimal treatment.
1) Identify the most prevalent vector-borne diseases in the Eastern Mediterranean region.
2) Describe the characteristics and morbidity and mortality of the main vector-borne diseases in the region.
3) Identify the most relevant roles that pharmacists can play in their prevention (including vector-control strategies and other measures), management and optimal treatment
- Nadia Al Mazrouei, Assistant Professor, Sharjah University - United Arab Emirates (UAE)
- Wael Ali, President, President Egyptian organization of pharmacy. (EOP) - Egypt
- Rula Darwish, Professor, University of Jordan, Jordan
- Sherif Kamal, Director of pharmaceutical services, Children’s Cancer Hospital- Egypt
- Nidhal Marie, Prof Dr in the School of Pharmacy, Almustansirya University-Iraq - Iraq
- Yousif Adam Ahmed Sabeel, Director, Planning and Policy Department, National Medical Supplies Fund - Sudan