Catch up with all FIP previous webinars and digital events.
Innovative cultural sensitivity training for pharmacy students
This session targets stakeholders involved in professional and continuing pharmacy education. Its purpose is to equip educators with strategies and techniques used in cultural sensitivity training for pharmacy students, an essential component of modern pharmacy education and optimal patient care. Specifically, experts will share strategies and lessons learned from creating and tailoring educational activities within the pharmacy curriculum that address cultural sensitivity.
At the end of this session, participants will be able to:
• Identify key steps in creating activities aimed to improve cultural sensitivity among pharmacy students
• Describe strategies educators can use to engage students in learning about and addressing the needs of patients from different culture
• Consider strategies for integrating cultural sensitivity training in pharmacy curricula
- Dalia Bajis, FIP Lead for Provision and Partnerships, Bahrain
- Mohamed Amin, Associate Professor, Beirut Arab University - Lebanon
- Cherie Lucas, Senior Lecturer and Clinical Education Manager (Experiential Placements), University of Technology - Australia
- Gizem Gülpınar, Research Assistant, Ankara University - Turkey