Catch up with all FIP previous webinars and digital events.
Navigating an academic career in the field of pharmaceutical sciences
What to do next? is a question many young, aspiring pharmaceutical scientists ask themselves as they progress in their education or early on in their careers. This webinar aims to inspire participants that are considering an academic career by showcasing two pharmaceutical researchers who have chosen an academic career. The speakers will reveal what was their motivation and how they navigated to their current position, what from their education was most valuable to their current career, and what experiences they have gained along the way.
- Participants will be able to compare an academic career in two different regions.
- Participants will learn what was required for the two speakers to reach their current role and use this to plan their own career.
- Participants will gain insights from the speakers on how to design/fulfill the key steps that make an early career researcher stand out.
- Sifei Han, NHMRC Early Career Fellow, Drug Delivery Disposition & Dynamics, Monash University - Australia
- Sarah Dineen-Griffin, Lecturer, Health Services Management, School of Biomedical Sciences, Charles Sturt University - Australia
- Khalid Garba Mohammed, Department of Pharmaceutics and Pharmaceutical Technology, Bayero University - Nigeria
- Stephanie Reuter Lange, Cancer Council Mid Career Research Fellow, University of South Australia - Australia
- Lirui Wang, Professor, School of Basic Medicine and Clinical Pharmacy, China Pharmaceutical University - China