Catch up with all FIP previous webinars and digital events.
Career development: What a career at a pharmaceutical company might look like
What to do next? is a question many young, aspiring pharmaceutical scientists ask themselves as they progress in their education or early on in their careers. This webinar aims to inspire participants that are considering a career in industry by showcasing two pharmaceutical researchers working in the pharmaceutical industry. The speakers will reveal what motivated their career choices, provide their best tips for securing a position in industry, and what opportunities they see in the future.
This event aligns with FIP Development Goals 2 and 9.
- Participants will be able to compare a career in two different pharmaceutical companies.
- Participants will learn what was required for the two speakers to reach their current role and use this to plan their own career.
- Participants will gain insights from the speakers on how to design/fulfil the key steps that make an early career researcher stand out.
- Dr Khalid Garba Mohammed, Department of Pharmaceutics and Pharmaceutical Technology, Bayero University - Nigeria
- Dr Rebecka Isaksson, Postdoctoral Research Associate, Department of Chemistry, University College London - UK
- Dr Tim Foley, DNA-Encoded Library Selection & Primary Pharmacology Lab Head, Pfizer - US
- Ms Shivani Baldeo, Retail Strategy and Innovation Lead African Cluster,
AstraZeneca - South Africa