Catch up with all FIP previous webinars and digital events.
Vaccine administration routes and procedures: frequent concerns and common errors
Although pharmacists have administered vaccines in several countries for years, this role is still new or even unknown to the profession in many parts of the world. As a role that involves direct contact with the patient and the administration of a product by injection, it may still generate some concerns among pharmacists with regards to the administration procedure, common errors and the management of anaphylactic reactions. This webinar will describe such procedures and address common questions and concerns.
After this webinar the participants should have a better understanding of the following topics:
- Vaccine administration routes and procedures.
- Common errors that may be committed during vaccine administration and how to avoid them.
- Prevention and management of adverse reactions, including anaphylactic shock.
- Marwan Akel, Chairperson Pharmacy Practice Department, Lebanese International University - Lebanon
- Lisa Nissen, Professor and Head of the School of Clinical Sciences, Queensland University of Technology - Australia
- Maria Mendes, Area Manager at the Centre for Medicines Information & Health Interventions (CEDIME) at the National Association of Pharmacies - Portugal