Catch up with all FIP previous webinars and digital events.
11th FIP Global pharmacy technician symposium 2023 - Day 2
13.00 - 14.30 IMPLEMENTATION SCIENCE:
Panelists in this session will describe implementation of innovative pharmacy technician roles and provide real-world examples of successful practice models. The goal of this session is to inspire learners and provide practical suggestions for future advanced technician role implementation in the workplace.
- Kimberly McKeirnan, Associate Professor, Department of Pharmacotherapy Director, Center for Pharmacy Practice Research Washington State University Health Sciences Spokane - United States
- Michael Mungoma, Dean, School of Pharmacy Mount Kenya University - Kenya
- Ken Hohmeier, Director of Community Affairs Professor, College of Pharmacy The University of Tennesse Health Science Center - United States
- Pauline Roberts, Systems Thinking Practitioner - United Kingdom
14.30 - 15.45 TEAM TECHS AND PHARMACISTS: SUCCESS STORIES AND PARTNERSHIPS:
Pharmacy technicians are critical members of the health care team. This session will highlight successful partnerships between pharmacy technicians, pharmacists, and other members of the care team.
- Alison Hemsworth - United Kingdom
- Tara Clayson-Fisher, Statewide Pharmacy Technician Manager Statewide Hospital Pharmacy, Tasmanian Health Service - Australia
- Michelle Beirne, Senior Pharmacist Children’s Health Ireland - Ireland
15.45 - 16.00 CLOSING REMARKS
- Susan James, Ontario College of Pharmacists, Canada, as well as Chair, Pharmacy Technician Advisory Committee
- Ian Bates, Director, FIP Global Observatory