Catch up with all FIP previous webinars and digital events.
Reflux management in the community
Pharmacists have an important role in supporting the management of minor ailments in the community and promoting informed and responsible self-care. Gastroesophageal reflux is a common reason for consultations to community pharmacists, and symptoms associated with reflux can often be managed through non-prescription medicines. Pharmacists can assess and provide advice on both the pharmacological and non-pharmacological options that patients might follow, check for possible interactions with medication that patients might be taking, and provide education for improved self-care.
Attendees will learn about:
1. The resources FIP developed on reflux management
2. Understand the main therapeutic options to support relief of reflux-like symptoms
3. Explore pharmacists’ perspectives of reflux management
- Luís Lourenço, FIP Professional Secretary FIP, Portugal
- Rúben Viegas, Practice Development and Transformation, Projects Coordinator FIP, The Netherlands
- Kai Zhen Yap, Lecturer, National University of Singapore, Department of Pharmacy, Singapore
- Ana Zovko, Member of the ExCo of CPS of the FIP, Owner and director , Pharmacy institution Afarm, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Pali Hungin, Emeritus professor, Institute of Health and Society, Faculty of Medical Sciences, Newcastle University, UK
- Peter Kahrilas, Professor of medicine,, Northwestern University, Feinberg School of Medicine, USA