Catch up with all FIP previous webinars and digital events.
Pharmacists’ contributions to telehealth and telepharmacy services
Telepharmacy has gained increasing importance in the delivery of pharmaceutical care, largely due to the COVID-19 pandemic which has placed enormous pressures on healthcare systems globally. There are some innovative models of telepharmacy services aimed at optimizing and improving access to pharmaceutical care, resulting in improved patient safety and outcomes. However, despite these benefits, major barriers for implementation of telepharmacy remain such as patient confidentiality and privacy of health information.
Attendees will learn about:
1. The global role of telehealth in supporting primary health care services
2. The current trends in telepharmacy around the globe
3. Examples of good practice in telepharmacy
- Lars-Åke Söderlund, FIP Vice President International Pharmaceutical Federation, Sweden
- Rúben Viegas, Practice Development and Transformation Projects Coordinator, The Netherlands
- Sarah Dineen-Griffin, FIP CPS ExCo member, Australia
- Jaime Acosta, Community pharmacist Farmacia Acosta, Spain
- Josep M. Guiu-Segura, Vice-president Euro, Hospital Pharmacy Section, International Pharmaceutical Federation, Director of Pharmacy and Medicines, Consortium of Health and Social Care of Catalonia, Spain
- Derrick Muneene, Unit Head, Digital Health Capacity Building and Collaboration, WHO, Switzerland