Catch up with all FIP previous webinars and digital events.
Supporting pharmacy leaders and educators for implementing competency-based education in pharmacy and pharmaceutical sciences education: Launch of the FIP CBE implementation handbook
Competent pharmaceutical workforce is vital to ensure healthy lives and promote well-being. This is aligned with the FIP Development Goals. Competency-base education (CBE) model became a core of healthcare professions education and training globally.
Some challenges are encountered relating to the implementation of CBE model to initial pharmacy and pharmaceutical education and training (IPET). Hence, FIPEd team has developed the handbook to support pharmacy leaders and educators for their journey of CBE implementation in their education programme. The webinar will officially launch the handbook and go through the background of the handbook development and how it can help them implement CBE.
• Understand the importance of CBE in pharmacy and pharmaceutical education
• Describe the structure of FIPEd CBE Implementation Handbook
• Identify how the Handbook can support oneself for their CBE implementation journey
- Marwan Akel, Projects Manager – FIP Workforce development, evidence & impact Journal Editor – Pharmacy Education Journal (PEJ), Lebanon
- Dalia Bajis, FIP Lead for Provision & Partnerships, Bahrain
- Naoko Arakawa, Assistant Professor in International Pharmacy University of Nottingham, UK
- Jessica McMullen, Pharmacist and PhD Student University of Nottingham, UK
- Andries Koster, Associate Professor of Pharmacology Dept. Pharmaceutical Sciences, Utrecht University, The Netherlands
- Pierre Moreau, Professor of pharmacology and therapeutics College of pharmacy Kuwait University, Kuwait
- Shaun Gleason, Global Lead for Academic Capacity, FIP Workforce Development Hub, Assistant Dean for Distance Degrees and Programs; Associate Professor of Clinical Pharmacy University of Colorado Skaggs School of Pharmacy, USA