Catch up with all FIP previous webinars and digital events.
Understanding the global pharmacy supply chain for hospital pharmacies
As we approach a post-pandemic world, the global supply chain has been greatly influenced by various factors. Many different drug and product shortages have been exacerbated in recent years due to supply chain issues. Through this webinar, we want to give a better overview of understanding the current global supply chain, current threats to the supply chain such as drug shortages, natural disasters, counterfeit medicines, and how to create a resilient supply chain as we move forward in society. We also want to emphasize the value of a pharmacist in this area and the difference they can make.
1. Describe the current global pharmacy supply chain
2. Compare the contrast the different threats to the pharmacy supply chain such as drug shortages, natural disasters, and counterfeit medicines
3. Understand how these threats can interrupt the supply chain from each panel member’s perspective/countries
4. Outline how to create a resilient supply chain and future endeavours taking place to protect the supply chain (i.e., automation and technology)
- Rob Moss, PharmD, Immediate past president, FIP Hospital Pharmacy Section, FIP, European Association of Hospital Pharmacists, The Netherlands
- Yuh Lih Chang, PhD, RPh Director, Department of Pharmacy, Taipei Veterans General Hospital; Principal Investigator, National Drug Shortage management Project; Associate Professor, National Yang-Ming Chiao-Tung University, Taiwan Veterans General Hospital, National Yang-Ming Chiao-Tung University, Taiwan
- Dr. Sohail Fitieh, Ph.D, MS PLA, RPh, Pharmacy & Supply Chain Consultant, United Arab of Emirates
- Michael Ganio, Pharm.D., M.S., BCPS, FASHP, Senior Director, Pharmacy Practice and Quality, American Society for Health-System Pharmacists, USA