Catch up with all FIP previous webinars and digital events.
Launch of the FIP global competency framework for educators and trainers in pharmacy
The FIP Global Competency Framework for Educators & Trainers in Pharmacy (FIP-GCFE) is a new tool to support advancement and competence development for our colleagues around the world, serving in any sector of pharmaceutical education. It was initiated by the Academic Pharmacy Section of FIP and created in collaboration across FIP, involving our leads, experts, volunteers across the Federation. This works is authored by experienced authors, global leaders in pharmaceutical education who are active in academic, practice and science fields of the pharmacy profession. The commitment to gather their knowledge, experience, values, and efforts, inspiring our colleagues to advance in the field of education, resulted in comprehensive and evidence-based framework.
Participants will be able to:
• Understand how to empower our individual and institutional members, focused on those involved in creating, delivering and assuring quality of pharmaceutical education.
• Learn about the valuable source of information and guide for educators and trainers in pharmacy at individual, organizational, national, and global levels.
• Understand how to use the Framework for their own personal and professional development.
• Start the application, research, and validation of the Framework
• Conduct the self-assessment of competencies according to the Framework
- Astrid Czock, FIP WDH Global Lead; CEO QualiCCare, Switzerland
- Marwan Akel, Projects Manager–Workforce development, evidence & impact Journal Editor – PEJ, Lebanon
- Arijana Mestrovic, FIP AcPS Vice President, FIP WDH Global lead for Competency Development; Director, Professional services
Pharma Expert, Croatia
- Mike Rouse, Director, International Services Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education. USA
- Martin Charles Henman, FIP AcPS ExCO member Adjunct Assoc. Prof. Trinity College Dublin, Ireland
- Ian Bates, Chair of pharmacy education-University College London, UK
- Catherine Duggan, FIP CEO, Netherlands