Catch up with all FIP previous webinars and digital events.
Antimicrobial stewardship: Collaboration in action
Pharmacists have key roles in hospital multidisciplinary teams. Webinar 2 will explore how pharmacists can play a lead role in these teams and drive AMS initiatives in their place of work. How can we implement small day-to-day changes that lead to better patient outcomes? Learn more about the importance of collaboration in hospitals between healthcare professionals and how pharmacists fit into this collaborative work.
- Explain the importance of governance structures for successful AMS programmes;
- Learn how to set up medicines and therapeutics subcommittees and infection prevention control subcommittees; and
- Recognise the impact of AMR on patients when treatment fails.
- Sam Weston, Senior Project Manager SPAR, Commonwealth Pharmacists Association-UK
- Freddy Eric Kitutu, Senior Lecturer Makerere University, Uganda
- Mary Millard, USA
- Elaine Cloutman-Green, Consultant Clinical Scientist, Deputy Director of Infection Prevention and Control and Lead Healthcare Scientist, Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children, NHS Foundation Trust, UK
- Abraham Weeks, Senior Technical Specialist, Organization of Eastern Caribbean States Pharmaceutical Pooled Procurement Unit Organization of Eastern Caribbean States Commission (OECS Commission), St Lucia
- Andrea Kwa Lay Hoon, Assistant Director (Research)/Specialist Pharmacist (Infectious Diseases)/Director of Infectious Diseases Pharmacotherapy Residency. Associate Professor Singapore General Hospital & Duke-NUS Medical School, Department of Emerging Infectious Diseases/NUS Pharmacy, Singapore