Catch up with all FIP previous webinars and digital events.
The role of pharmacists in preventing influenza and increasing vaccination coverage rate
This event will focus on pharmacists’ roles in influenza prevention through vaccination and increasing influenza vaccination coverage rate. The event will focus on the risks of influenza and showcase good practices from pharmacists across the continent on pharmacists’ public health role through influenza vaccination, digital health solutions in pharmacy on influenza vaccination and effective communication with patients to deliver flu vaccines on the right time. This event aims to improve pharmacists' knowledge, improve pharmaceutical services delivery and overall health outcomes of the public in the context of influenza vaccination.
1. Improve knowledge of pharmacists on the risks of influenza
2. Exploring pharmacists’ roles in influenza prevention through vaccination and increasing influenza vaccination coverage rate within the African region;
3. Showcase country cases from pharmacists across the continent on influenza vaccination, digital vaccination solutions and patient communication on vaccines.
- Arinola Joda, Assistant Secretary and Editor-in- Chief, African Pharmaceutical Forum, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Lagos, Nigeria
- Cheryl Cohen, Professor & Head Centre for Respiratory Disease and Meningitis, National Institute for Communicable Diseases and School of Public Health, University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa, South Africa
- Gonçalo Sousa Pinto, Lead for practice development and transformation, FIP, Portugal
- Redouane Soualmi, Chairperson of external relations Algerian Pharmaceutical Federation - Fédération Algérienne de Pharmacie, Algeria
- Merilynn Steenkamp, General Manager Sanofi Vaccines, South Africa
- Wael Ali, General Secretary, EMRPharm Forum , President Egyptian organization of pharmacy, Egypt
- Nilhan Uzman, Lead for Education and Primary Health Policies, FIP, Turkey
- Alison Etukakpan, Educational Partnership Specialist, FIP, Nigeria