Catch up with all FIP previous webinars and digital events.
The WHO Universal Health Coverage Competency Framework: Building more holistic and integrated health systems.
The Universal Health Coverage (UHC) Competency Framework was published by WHO as a guide to progress towards building more holistic and integrated health systems. Critically, this includes human resources education and the implementation of Competency-Based Education (CBE) for healthcare workers to ensure adequate, and integrated, education and training.
WHO Universal Health Coverage Competency Framework: https://www.who.int/publications/i/item/9789240034686
- Overview of the principles and objectives of the WHO universal health coverage competency framework
- Understand competency-based education and its role in developing the global healthcare workforce for UHC
- Contextualize the UHC competency development guide to fulfil training needs - based on country of practice
- Focus on pharmacy and pharmacy support workforce role in UHC
- Abigail Tan Ming Li, Staff training and the planning of continuing education topics. KK Women's and Children's Hospital, Singapore
- Ian Bates, Director of the FIP Global Pharmaceutical Observatory, Chair of pharmacy education University College London, United Kingdom
- Siobhan Fitzpatrick, WHO technical officer WHO, Switzerland