Catch up with all FIP previous webinars and digital events.
‘How can digital health support national pharmaceutical care delivery?’ A regional and global assessment of priorities and challenges in the Eastern Mediterranean region
Substandard and falsified medicines, along with a lack of adherence to medication regimens, pose a threat to public health worldwide. It is possible to deliver pharmaceutical care services that address these challenges using digital healthcare techniques and approaches. Globally, digital health faces many challenges and concerns, despite its potential to impact pharmaceutical care.
FIP and the Global Pharmaceutical Observatory are launching a new needs assessment programme entitled "How can digital health support national pharmaceutical care delivery? A regional and global assessment of priorities and challenges", with an emphasis on medication adherence and fighting SF medicines.
This regional and global needs assessment programme will include a series of six regional events, culminating in a private global roundtable and a summary report.
In this regional event we will facilitate a regional discussion about ongoing digital health interventions or solutions that detect, report, and act against false or substandard medicines, and how to facilitate patient adherence, as well as the challenges leadership bodies and nations face in implementing digital health solutions in pharmaceutical care delivery in the EMR.
- Samira Shammas, Bureau Liaison - EMR, FIP, Jordan
Co-Moderator & Facilitators :
- Meshkat Torkamanian, FIP - YPG Early Career Regional Supporter, Iran
- Farah Aqqad, FIP Regional Engagement, Support and Development Manager, Jordan
- Hamsa Hassan, FIP - YPG Early Career Regional Supporter, Egypt
- Akbar Abdollahiasl, Assistant Professor, Department of Pharmacoeconomics and Pharmaceutical Administration, Faculty of Pharmacy, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Iran
- Saleh Hanash, Pharmapreneur/Founder of Agonist Consult, Agonist Consult, Jordan
- Ali Omeiat, Head of pharmacies and drug stores inspection section, Inspection and control department, Jordan Food & Drug Administration, Jordan
- Ahmed Hamdan Aljedai, Assistant Deputy Minister for Medical support Services, Ministry of Health, Saudi Arabia