Catch up with all FIP previous webinars and digital events.
COVID-19 Complications – What Should Pharmacists Know?
Covid-19 complications include a wide spectrum of clinical manifestations. COVID-19 -associated invasive mould infections have been identified as a serious global health problem. These invasive infections present differently and vary in their risk factors. Pharmacists can play a vital role in raising awareness, prevention, and treatment of these emerging pathogens. In addition, pharmacists’ role is vital to providing care to patients suffering from Long Covid. Long Covid conditions are a wide range of new, returning, or ongoing health problems people can experience for four or more weeks after contracting SARS-CoV-2. These complications can occur in individuals with serious, mild, or no symptoms during the SARS-CoV-2 infection. However, the burden is not well understood and treatment approaches need further study.
This webinar will raise awareness of the pharmacist's role in supporting patients with COVID-19 associated mould infections and Long Covid.
1. Recognize manifestations and risk factors of Long Covid.
2. Provide actionable steps to care for people with post-covid conditions -as part of multi-disciplinary teams.
3. Describe common manifestations and risk factors of COVID-19-associated mould infections.
4. Identify prevention measures for COVID-19 associated mold infections.
5. Recognize treatments for COVID-19-associated mould infections.
- John Hertig, VP Americas (PAHO), Assoc. Prof. and Vice-Chair of Pharmacy Practice, Butler University, USA
-Dallas James Smith, Epidemic Intelligence Service Officer/Pharmacist Mycotic Diseases Branch, Centers for Disease Control & Prevention, United States
-Stacey L. Konkle, Epidemic Intelligence Service Officer/Epidemiologist Field Officer, Epidemiology Workforce Branch, Centers for Disease Control & Prevention, United States