Catch up with all FIP previous webinars and digital events.
The role of pharmacists in the prevention and management of vector-borne diseases: a perspective from the Western Pacific region
Pharmacists are uniquely positioned to help communities and patients protect themselves from vector-borne diseases (VBDs). This webinar will describe the most prevalent VBDs in the Western Pacific region and identify the most relevant roles that pharmacists can play in their prevention (including vector-control strategies and other measures), management and optimal treatment.
1) Identify the most prevalent vector-borne diseases in the Western Pacific region.
2) Describe the characteristics and morbidity and mortality of the main vector-borne diseases in the region.
3) Identify the most relevant roles that pharmacists can play in their prevention (including vector-control strategies and other measures), management and optimal treatment
John Jackson, President, Western Pacific Pharmaceutical Forum
- Aya Yajima, NTD focal point, Malaria and Neglected Tropical Diseases Unit, WHO Regional Office for the Western Pacific
- James Kelly, Malaria Focal Point, WHO WPRO
- Renly Lim, Research Fellow, University of South Australia, FIP YPG President
- Judilynn Solidum, Professor, University of the Philippines College of Pharmacy