Catch up with all FIP previous webinars and digital events.
Innovation in self-care models, shaping the future together.
This event discusses how targeted switching of prescription only medicines to non-prescription medicines (Over The Counter medicines) can contribute to self-care of a nation’s population. Availability of diagnostics in the pharmacy and beyond can also make an impact on self-care.
Aim: To discuss which medicines are appropriate to switch from prescription-only to non-prescription (Over The Counter Medicines) and describe how diagnostics can support self-care.
1. Describe current approaches to switching medicines from prescription to non-prescription and how this supports self-care ;
2. Discuss which medicines should be available over the counter in the pharmacy;
3. Explain how diagnostics can support self-care.
- Jaime Acosta-Gómez, Community Pharmacist and pharmacy owner, Farmacia Acosta, Spain
- Natalie Gauld, Innovator in improving access to medicines Northern Regional Alliance, University of Auckland, New Zealand
- Andi Shirtcliffe, Clinical Chief Advisor for Pharmacy and Allied Health Ministry of Health New Zealand, New Zealand
- Anthony Serracino Inglott, Professor at the Department of Pharmacy Faculty of Medicine and Surgery, University of Malta, Malta