Catch up with all FIP previous webinars and digital events.
Self-care: managing mild COVID-19 symptoms, dispelling the myths
To describe an evidence-based approach to self-care of mild COVID-19 symptoms
• Describe approaches for preventing the spread of COVID-19
• List symptoms of COVID-19 – similarities and differences to influenza;
• Identify myths associated with self-care of COVID-19.
• Describe how mild symptoms such as fever and pain should be managed;
• Discuss when to refer more serious cases (escalating care in COVID-19).
Target audience – all those involved in the primary health care response to the coronavirus pandemic
1. Welcome – Moderator Gonçalo Sousa Pinto, FIP Lead for Practice Development and Transformation
2. COVID-19: preventing its spread and understanding its symptoms – Jaime Acosta-Gómez, Community Pharmacist and Pharmacy Owner, Spain
3. Dispelling myths about self-care treatments of COVID-19 – Christopher John, FIP Lead for Data and Intelligence
4. How to manage mild symptoms – self-care case study. Lars-Åke Söderlund, President FIP Community Pharmacy Section
5. Panel Discussion – questions and answers – All speakers