Catch up with all FIP previous webinars and digital events.
The role of the pharmacist in Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) is a common chronic respiratory disease that requires comprehensive care. Pharmacists have a role to play in the prevention, care and management of COPD. This event aims to highlight the key role of the pharmacist in COPD by providing insights into medication optimisation, inhaler technique and patient counselling. Participants will also learn about the COPD Right Care programme, a global social movement initiated by the International Primary Care Respiratory Group (IPCRG) to improve care for people with COPD, and also the Speak Up for COPD campaign, which aims to raise awareness and understanding of COPD among health and policy makers by amplifying the voices of patients, the COPD community and the public.
- Ema Paulino, President National Pharmacy Association (ANF), Portugal
- Tonya Winders, President & acting CEO of the Global Allergy & Airways Patient Platform (GAAPP); Chair of Speak Up for COPD, USA
- Siân Williams, Chief Executive Officer, International Primary Care Respiratory Group (IPCRG), Registered in Scotland, working internationally
- Darush Attar-Zadeh, Clinical Fellow Respiratory Pharmacist North West London Integrated Care Board, RightBreathe, United Kingdom (England)
- Inês Nunes da Cunha, FIP Practice Development and Transformation Projects Manager FIP, The Netherlands